- Email - hello [at] taniarascia [dot] com
- GitHub - taniarascia
Balto AI — St. Louis, MO
- Aided in designing and implementing an improved architecture for web applications, including using S3 and CloudFront for CDN builds, improving performance, scaling, and caching capabilities.
- Led the front end team in an initiative to revamp reporting dashboards for management users, resulting in faster queries, and more useful, efficient and aesthetically pleasing graphs, charts, and tables.
- Started a front end guild for bi-weekly discussions of important changes and improvements that would affect all teams working on web and Electron applications.
- Refactored front end applications to use modern standards, reduce boilerplate, increase clarity and speed of onboarding, and increase test coverage and confidence.
- Implemented hardened security for authentication in web and Electron applications using the latest OAuth 2.0 standards.
- Hackathon winner: Balto Chat, where Balto's AI technology meets chat, helping agents by adding real-time guidance, clickable suggestions, notifications, warnings, and encouragement.
Yum! Brands — Chicago, IL
- Devised a strategy for migrating systems from the various Yum! brands (Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC) to one unifying, modern platform for menu management.
- Lead and mentored a team of five developers to develop and architect a Backend For Frontend (BFF) system to facilitate communication between a front end and multiple microservices.
- Designed and engineered a TypeScript API utilizing model view controller (MVC) design patterns, also serving as POC for the first of many TypeScript services for the company.
- Wrote a single sign on (SSO) authentication and authorization system utilizing AWS Cognito, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect and PKCE flow.
DAIS Technology — Chicago, IL
- Architected an internal, resuable Node.js/React platform for implementing secure authentication and routing used across all DAIS front end applications.
- Lead and mentored a team of three developers creating interactive and intuitive user interfaces in React and Vue.
- Cross-trained the automation and SDET teams to maintain and add new features to internal applications.
- Established company conventions/standards and documented all internal processes.
- Hackathon winner: DAIS Hub, a one-stop-shop for accessing and updating repositories, microservices, and deployments across multiple environments.
RateYourSeats.com — Chicago, IL
Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises — Chicago, IL
- Concepts - Web Application Development, Design Patterns (REST API Design, MVC), Databases (Postgres, SQL), Authentication and Security (OAuth2, OpenID Connect, SSO, JWT), Linux/UNIX Administration, Webpack, Electron, Version Control (Git), AWS Infrastructure (EC2, Route 53, RDS), Testing (Unit, Component, Integration, End-to-end)
See GitHub for all open-source projects.
Roosevelt University — Chicago, IL